|

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Passing through

I remember once that I worked with this girl. Off the top of my head I can remember her name was Emily though her last name escapes me and was probably something like Schofield, or Shneider, or whatever. Emily and I worked together at a dead end summer job. We'd get to talking and yadda yadda yadda while we worked and seemed to get along together quite well. I even drove her home a few times after work. She lived downtown in an apartment over some shop with her dad and her brother. Once I even got the balls enough to ask her for her number. Surprisingly enough she actually gave it to me. It took a couple days but I actually did call her with the intention to ask her out. Oddly enough I never got that far. When she answered and I told her who I was she laughed a bit which I chalked up to her being nervous. Then she said something which I honestly haven't forgotten, "I'm so sorry, but if I thought you'd actually call I wouldn't have given you my number."